This position has been filled. Please visit www.upwingenergy.com/careers to view our open positions.
The role of Supply Chain Manager will be actively sourcing raw materials and manufactured products, effectively managing inventory and inventory turns, transportation of shipments meets quality and safety standards. Analyze logistics data to refine the supply chain, communicating with suppliers, negotiating business relationships and direct material costs, updating the company's inventory and obsolete hardware. This role will also involve maintaining planning parameters within the ERP system and coordination with internal departments to ensure timely production and deliveries are met at the highest quality and lowest cost.
Additionally in this role, you'll collaborate with other departments, such as Operations, Finance and Engineering, to create effective business plans. You should also have experience in project management, as well as great leadership and communication ability.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain uninterrupted supply of material to meet operating plan objectives (shipment schedule, delivery lead times, working capital and cost goals)
- Supervise new business projects by ensuring seamless supplier engagement from quoting phase through full rate development, and integrates suppliers with our technical teams at the front end of new product development.
- Communicate forecasts to vendors periodically and keep supply base abreast of changes to requirements
- Negotiate prices and long-terms agreements, ensuring favorable cost and delivery term with key suppliers
- Expedite, reschedule, or change scheduled deliveries as dictated by changes in demand with the goal of continually aligning supply with demand and mitigating exposure to excess inventory
- Monitor and manage supplier performance, ensuring that company goals pertaining to quality, delivery and costs are met.
- Process supplier deviation requests in accordance with Upwing's procedures
- Audit configuration controls change planning with regard to engineering change requests and updated releases to ensure ERP data integrity
- Develop and present price/cost analysis and communications decision benefits
- Develop alternative and second sourcing strategies to mitigate critical business risk and/or non-performing suppliers
- Conduct supplier surveys and visits (local, regional, national, international)
- Manage contracts and support with purchasing raw material through incoming material management
- Ability to use and modify ERP as required to order material through incoming material management
- Actively participate in ERP demand driven projects to support with production readiness activities
- Must have good oral, written communication, database management skills, and have high level of moral and ethical codes
Skills, Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering, Supply Chain or Operations Management or other related discipline or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in Supply Chain Management role with significant project-based activity and preferably experience with complex high precision machined parts and electromechanical assemblies, preferably in turbomachinery and/or high-speed motor/generator production environments
- In-depth knowledge of Material Resource Planning (MRP) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Experience relating to traceability and configuration management control to assure conformance to specific customer documentation requirements
- Proven track record with writing and executing long-terms agreements and tier 1 supplier contracts
- Experience identifying, qualifying and on-boarding new suppliers
- Proven track record with expediting supplier delivery schedules
- Strong troubleshooting abilities: identify purchasing, production planning, customer service-related problems and implement diplomatic solutions
- Knowledgeable in casting and machining, domestic and international manufacturing processes for engineering material, quality assurance, delivery improvement, engineering development
- Proven liaison experience between outside suppliers, internal engineering, manufacturing and quality control
- Understanding of part inspection pass fail criteria and product inspection procedures
- Ability to thrive in high pressure environments and effectively resolve technical issues
- High degree of independent judgement with minimal supervisory guidance
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with outstanding follow up skills
- Must be able to work from blueprints or visual dimensional inspection of purchased or manufactured products utilizing measuring instruments
- Must have the ability to formulate Excel spread sheets, pivot tables, and analyze data from the ERP system to support strategic business decisions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, in oral and written form, along with the ability to effectively communicate highly technical information in a concise and easily understood manner and relate well with contractors, executive personnel, clients, co-workers and people from diverse backgrounds
- Language skills - ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or company employees.
- Reasoning ability - ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in writen, vernal, diagram, or schedule form.
- APICS certification is a plus
- Must be self-motivated and an independent worker
- Detail oriented with sense of urgency on assigned tasks
- Decisive and able to grasp new concepts quickly
- Versatility - capable of strategic thinking while executing near term goals and objectives
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. using proper lifting techniques. Personal protective equipment may be required in some warehouse areas. Position duties will primarily be indoors with occasional travel to suppliers within the United States and Europe.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time.
Upwing Energy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.