The Senior Mechanical Engineer will support our engineering department in the design of our Subsurface Compressor System (SCS), test fixtures and tooling.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generates 3D & 2D design solutions for Subsurface Compressor System technology and related components, including new designs and modification of existing designs
- Generates supporting documentation (e.g. drawing, engineering changes, layouts, engineering reports, test plans, specifications, etc.)
- Applies best manufacturing methods into the design in the form of dimensions and tolerances
- Conceptualizes new designs based on existing proven designs and innovations
- Performs technical calculations in the areas of mechanical design and packaging of high-speed rotating machinery
- Performs technical risk identification, creates mitigation plans as well as develops and executes alternate paths in the design
- Details components and parts, working with inside and outside resources to ensure optimum manufacturing efficiency and cost in design
- Designs associated assembly tooling for the machine fabrication
- Maintains version updates on the history of the product in the PDMWorks Configuration Control vault
- Ensures timely and correct technical release of drawings to meet project schedule
- Assists the other project team members in cross-functional activities when necessary
- Reviews drawings for completeness and accuracy
- Applies critical thinking to all steps
Skills, Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a design role
- 3+ years of experience with Solidworks 3D modeling software
- Strong knowledge of ASME Y14.5 geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Understanding of electro-mechanical design and component packaging
- Proven capability towards maintaining technical ownership of the design
- Experience in rotating machinery is a plus
- Experience with high-speed turbomachinery and/or permanent magnet motors is a plus
- Experience with configuration control, engineering change orders and engineering change requests
- Project management, coordination and/or supervision is a plus
- Able to meet aggressive schedules
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Able to work independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and an independent worker
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills
- Works well with team members
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
This position will be in an office atmosphere most of the time, however the Senior Mechanical Engineer will be required to support the build and test of products designed in the shop area. Personal protective equipment should be worn in designated shop floor areas.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time.
Upwing Energy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.