Responsible for processing incoming and outgoing shipments of parts and materials, and performing various inspection and calibration functions, including (but not limited to) receiving, first article and final inspection and part layout. Investigates and documents product non-conformance. Assist in the resolution of quality and receiving related issues, manage inventory, and material transfers and in and out of inventory.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and process all incoming materials and parts.
- Verify with purchase order or packing list; check sizes, weights and counts; check for defects and damage; and report discrepancies to buyers and suppliers.
- Inspect all incoming and outgoing materials utilizing various inspection tools, such as calipers, micrometers thread gauges, height gauges, CMM equipment, and check dimensions/processes on parts or raw material to ensure compliance to manufacturing drawings / blueprints / specifications.
- Work closely with Project Engineering, Quality Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure that all manufacturing and inspection activities are performed in compliance with process work documents.
- Maintain related materials, inspection, identifies and stages per procedures.
- Interpret inspection report data as it relates to manufacturing requirements.
- Inspect and test subsurface compressor parts, sub-assemblies and completed assemblies to determine conformity or deviation from specifications and instruction to perform required inspection procedures.
- Prepare forms for routing, rework, inspection results, quality status and the tracking of all items inspected.
- Process outgoing shipments, including pick-up, adding proper postage and follow-up on registered shipment deliveries.
- Assist with managing inventory control and quarterly cycle counts.
- Issue material transfers and kitting of inventory to build line and/or engineering work.
- Keep the work area clean and organized.
- Other duties and needed and assigned.
Skills, Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Associate decree in a technical field is preferred; high school diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of dimensional inspection experience and familiarization with metrology equipment.
- Strong understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Previous experience working with intricate highly tolerance machined parts and sub-assemblies.
- Must be able to work from blueprints for visual dimensional inspection of purchased or manufactured products utilizing measuring instruments.
- Experience managing inventory and ERP systems.
- Language skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or company employees.
- Mathematical skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as percentages, area and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to calculate SPC specs.
- Reasoning ability
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concreate variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.
- Must be self-motivated and independent worker.
- Detail oriented with a sense of urgency on assigned tasks.
- Decisive and able to grasp new concepts quickly.
- Versatility - capable of strategic thinking while executing near terms goals and objectives.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. using proper lifting techniques. Personal protective equipment may be required in some warehouse areas. Position duties will primarily be indoors with occasional travel to nearby suppliers.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time.
Upwing Energy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.