The Engineering Technician will be responsible for the assembly and the process standardization of high-speed motor and turbomachinery equipment, including performing subassembly and full system level testing, in accordance with drawings, schematics and specifications.
To apply, email resume to email@example.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the assembly and the process standardization of high precision motor and turbomachinery electro-mechanical equipment components and subassemblies
- Creates visual work instructions
- Interfaces with engineering on design for manufacturing and product design improvements
- Bonds magnets onto assemblies
- Assembles rotor and motor components and subassemblies
- Encapsulates electrical assemblies
- Fabricates and repairs metallic components
- Diagnoses and repairs/replaces electrical components using electrical test equipment and hand tools
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, straightedges and shims/feeler gauges
- Replaces damaged or broken wires and cables, using hand tools
- Reconnects motor connections
- Provides feedback on integration and test to improve processes and designs
- Inspects and tests manufactured components and subassemblies
- Supports acceptance and qualification testing
Skills, Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- AS or equivalent 2-yeaar technical degree (includes military technical training) in related discipline required
- Minimum of 5 years of industrial experience
- Experience with safety protocols in a production environment
- Ability to read engineering drawings required; ability to read circuit schematics and writing drawings is a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot using drawings, procedures and measurement/test equipment
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, hoists, cranes and precision measuring, alignment and testing instruments
- Experience with basic machine tools
- Previous use of multi-meters, o-scopes, mega-ohm meters and digital power supplies is a plus
- Previous experience managing component inventory is a plus
- Machining experience is a plus (operation of lathe, drill press, grinder and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts)
- Must be self-motivated and an independent worker
- Must be a team player
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
This position will be in the shop environment most of the time. personal protective equipment should be worn in designated shop floor areas. On a limited basis, there bay be opportunity for field resting and equipment commissioning.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time.
Upwing Energy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.