The Mechanical Engineer will be a member of our engineering team, supporting the design, build and test of our Subsurface Compressor Systems™ (SCS), including: motor, coupling, compressor, hydraulic circuits and bearing systems. This position will require support of a broad range of product development and validation activities on the component, subsystem and system levels.
To apply, email resume to email@example.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical support in specific areas of design, build, integration and test of the components and systems of the SCS
- Technical calculations in areas of mechanical design and packaging of high-speed rotating machinery
- Detailed design and/or analysis of components and assemblies; working with inside and outside resources to ensure components and assemblies will meet requirements
- Design and implementation of assembly tooling for the machine fabrication
- Design and implementation of test fixturing and instrumentation
- Test plan, procedure, report writing and ownership of test closure
- Maintaining version updates on the history of the product in the PDM configuration control vault or equivalent
- Ensuring timely and correct technical release of drawings to meet project schedule
- Assisting the other project team members in cross-functional activities when necessary
- Reviewing drawings for completeness and accuracy
- Design of product assemblies and improvements to existing products
- Evaluate products, parts or processes for performance and reliability
- Perform basic analysis functions under guidance of analysis team
- Ensure timely completion of project design deliverables, including design, drawings, analysis, testing and other documentation as required
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Collaborate with other design engineers and system engineers; coordinate with other members of the engineering staff
- Perform a variety of tasks as a part of the engineering team. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected from this position.
Skills, Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Mechanical engineering degree with at least 3 years of experience in design, project or product development role(s)
- 2+ years of experience with Solidworks 3D modeling software
- Some experience in project management of complex products and systems, coordination or oversight
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of GD&T standards and application to new designs
- Proven capability of maintaining technical ownership of the design
- Experience in rotating machinery a plus, design of rotating machinery strongly preferred
- Experience in preparing test procedures and design of test fixtures a plus
- Leadership with the ability to motivate and accomplish tasks through others
- Good team player and able to be a self-starter in a small team environment
- System integration experience, specifically with electro-mechanical systems, bearings and seals is a plus
- Experience interfacing with vendors and customers to incorporate their input into final product design
- Must be self-motivated and an independent worker
Position will be a critical role in the development team. Position will be responsible for executing directly and working with others on the design, development and testing tasks as well as helping to direct and coordinate the activities of others to meet company objectives.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
This position will be in an office atmosphere and on the shop-floor supporting the build and testing of the products designed. There is also potential for travel and field support.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time.
Upwing Energy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.