This position has been filled. Please visit www.upwingenergy.com/careers to view our open positions.
The Electrical Engineer will own and optimize the electrical design of the Subsurface Compressor System (SCS), along with all surface equipment for deployment. They will own the design, integration, build, test and validation of the deployment systems that support the core compressor units. They will perform a variety of tasks related to the assembly, test and troubleshooting of power electronics and other surface support systems.
To apply, email resume to email@example.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Owns and optimizes the design, performance and durability of the main power delivery system (VFD, motor, cabling, transformer and supervisory control system)
- Owns and optimizes the design, performance and durability of the ancillary equipment (remote data communication and storage, cooling cart, controls container – mechanical definition, 120V power supply transformer, HVAC, etc.)
- Support the team in development efforts for new products or improvements to existing products
- Work with experts to validate the electrical system design for present and future products
- Train and support production and field teams on product assembly and connection processes
- Document electrical system configuration and user guides and procedures
- Develop and document test set ups and procedures
- Work with supplier to optimize power electronics and motor designs
- Develop and champion electrical safety best practices for the company
- Maintain a safe working environment for self and others
- Field service support may be required on occasion
Skills, Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of industrial experience with a minimum of 3 years in power electronics integration, motion control, turbomachinery control, industrial automation or similar
- Demonstrated success in hands-on setup, operation and troubleshooting of complex electrical systems
- Power electronics troubleshooting experience is preferred
- Hands-on familiarity with ladder logic PLCs and industrial communication protocols, such as Modbus and signal level instrumentation, is preferred
- Experience in the design of digital, analog and power electronic circuits is a plus
- Familiarity with motor controls is a plus
- Ability to use and set up test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, data loggers/analyzers, software development tools, etc.
- Familiarity with the safety requirements for high power applications
- Familiarity with the agency approval process (UL, CE, etc.) is a plus
- Understanding of digital, analog and power electronics components and operation
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills in complex electrical systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Initiative to take ownership and drive results
- Fundamental curiosity as to how things work
- Drive to constantly learn new things and apply them to system development
- Determination to investigate and understand root cause
- Ability to both evaluate the big picture and dive into details whenever necessary
- Be open to new ideas and input from others in a collegial, team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the power of positive persuasion
- Strong organizational skills
- Integrity, commitment and honesty
- Drive to move the needle every day in the development process
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Most time will be spent in an office environment or on-site assembly/lab. Personal protective equipment may be required in designated areas. Up to 10% travel may be required to support products in the field.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time.
Upwing Energy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.