The Director of Manufacturing will lead the assembly and production of our Subsurface Compressor Systems, including motor, magnetic couplings, compressor, hydraulic circuits, and other associated parts. The Director of Manufacturing will lead the manufacturing team and work with the test and engineering teams for successful New Product Introduction (NPI); cost reduction; reliability; and improved lead times, delivery and component and assembly fabrication.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and direct the manufacturing team to develop, maintain and improve the manufacturing process and capabilities. Ensure resources and management are aligned with business strategy
- Demonstrated ability to manage and mentor technicians and engineers, and provide a collaborative environment with other departmental groups
- Ensure appropriate resources are available to achieve technical and business objectives. Provide technical solutions to a variety of complex issues, including ensuring technical issues are accurately represented in Risk Management processes
- Determine appropriate manufacturing and assembly methods for Subsurface Compressor System technology and related components, including new designs and modification of existing designs
- Work with suppliers to incorporate the best manufacturing methods into the design and eliminate quality manufacturing issues
- Assist in dispositioning discrepant material and ensuring engineering intent is met in the manufacturing process
- Create and provide the supporting documentation of, but not limited to, detailed design drawings, engineering changes, layouts, engineering reports, test plans, specifications, assembly line optimization, assembly fixtures and operational method sheets
- Generate design solutions for Subsurface Compressor System components and development test rigs
- Support testing of prototype hardware and the design of test rigs to validate designs
- Ensure projects are completed on time and that they meet Upwing’s design, quality, reliability and budget/ cost criteria
Skills, Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Requires BS degree in a technical field (Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering preferred) or equivalent combination of education/experience
- A minimum of 7 years progressive and related experience required
- Solid 3D mechanical design experience using CAD with SolidWorks experience a plus
- Strong understanding of geometric tolerancing per ASME Y14.5, dimensional stack-ups, inspection procedures and metrology equipment
- Experience building turbomachinery, which includes high-speed rotating equipment, electric motors, compressors, and oil management systems
- Familiar with creating ERP system BOM’s & Routers, experience with Global Shop is a plus
- Knowledge of standard manufacturing processes for complex, precision turbo machinery: casting, machining, milling, grinding, rotor balancing, mechanical and electrical assembly, inspection techniques, oil management systems (tubing, fittings, etc.) and pressurized assemblies
- Experience with NPI of complex equipment
- Kaizen, 5S, Six Sigma, Demand Flow Technology, Lean Manufacturing, ISO 9001 experience is a plus
- Experience configuring assembly lines, in-process Kanban’s and visual work instructions is a plus
- Good interpersonal and interfacing skills a plus (i.e. communicating well with people across different departments both internally and externally)
- Additional computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to exercise independent judgment and make logical decisions on technical issues
- Ability to establish positive rapport with individuals at all levels of organization
- Ability to motivate working team through leadership and “can do” attitude
- Self-awareness; not afraid to ask for help or admit error
- Willingness to engage in constructive debate
- Ownership, initiative and accountability
- Flexibility in range of responsibilities
Position will lead the manufacturing team. Position will be responsible for directing and coordinating activities of others to meet company objectives.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
Time will be split between office and shop floor. Personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses, gloves, or masks may be required in some assembly areas. Some travel will be required as needed for vendor visits/qualifications.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time.
Upwing Energy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin.