Responsible for generating and following up on operator leads, working with the Upwing marketing and field operations team to provide detailed proposals and negotiate service contracts. Specific accountabilities also include working with consultants and developing appropriate sales processes, customer relations and marketing communications. Must be willing and able to travel frequently both domestically and internationally.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and generate business opportunities for Subsurface Compressor Systems.
- Follow up closely on the leads, understand the customer's end goal and their concerns.
- Develop unique plans for each identified customer to properly position Upwing's product offerings and capabilities.
- Be proactive in identifying and prioritizing the geographic regions where Upwing's capabilities will bring the most value based on the market conditions.
- Perform market research and analysis.
- Negotiate service agreements.
- Work with the Upwing marketing team to develop marketing campaigns and materials, such as e-media, press kits, brochures, technical papers, technical seminars and trade shows.
- Seek possible alliances or partnerships that will facilitate service revenue.
- Continuously monitor and share information internally on market conditions and events.
- Lead customer-focused service processes.
- Initial six-month focus:
- Understand and quantify the type of gas wells that increase the probability of success
- Find suitable partners (early adopters) that are willing to deploy the first units
- Put in place trial agreements
Skills, Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Education: B.S. Degree in Engineering is required with an MBA preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in the wellhead compressor business.
- Communications: The ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Customer Service: Exhibits effectiveness and responsiveness to customer needs and concerns. Able to form and build close customer relationships.
- Problem Solving: Creative and strategic thinking ability with a practical business orientation. Intelligent with the ability to develop concepts into an executable plan.
- Field Know How: Understand the basics of field workovers and/or the deployment of ESP systems (or other downhole systems). Field experience preferred.
- Business Acumen: A positive attitude and professional image with impeccable business ethics. Driven, passionate and results oriented.
- Conflict Resolution: Able to persuade, influence and overcome resistance. Persist in the face of obstacles to reach objectives.
- Achievement Focus: High level of drive, energy and initiative, capable or working effectively with minimal guidance. Self-starter, who takes initiative, co-operates with and leverages internal resources. Well organized and capable of establishing and maintaining proper priorities. Focus on results rather than activities.
- English Language Ability:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Math Ability:
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concreate variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: Excellent MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), experience customizing and using a customer relationship management system (Salesforce is preferred).
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Position to be based in Upwing's Houston office, 25% travel is anticipated (both domestic and international).
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time.
Upwing Energy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.