The ideal Systems Engineer will have a strong and varied technical background; they must have the desire and capability to drive the development of the company’s Subsurface Compressor Systems (SCS). This position will own the requirements definition and validation through design, fabrication, testing, deployment into gas wells and Post-Test Analysis. Throughout the process, the Systems Engineer will provide design contributions to the core engineering team from a systems perspective as well as work with the engineering and test teams to ensure requirements are validated in the test regime.
To apply, email resume to email@example.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quickly develops an over-arching and fundamental understanding of full system operating principles, risks, benefits and costs
- Owns requirements for the SCS at all levels – system, sub-systems, components, ancillary equipment, etc.
- Works with the greater engineering team to define and refine requirements
- Communicates system needs and expectations internally
- Technical ownership, oversight and review of the design from the system perspective
- Provides design contribution to the core engineering team
- Leads Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Root Cause Corrective Action investigations
- Works with cross-functional team members to prepare test plans
- Works with technicians to execute test plans and resolve testing issues
- Supports engineering and operations teams in system integration
- Works with operations and quality teams to disposition manufacturing deviations
- Report status of requirements validation and root cause investigations
Skills, Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Engineering degree (Mechanical or Electrical)
- A minimum of 5 years of engineering experience with a minimum of 3 years of Systems Integration engineering experience
- Experience with high-speed rotating machinery, turbomachinery, power electronics or industrial automation of complex systems is strongly preferred
- System integration experience, specifically with electro-mechanical systems, is strongly preferred
- Strong familiarity with a wide range of ancillary equipment and control/automation of that equipment is a plus
- SolidWorks experience is preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to evaluate options, propose solutions and make decisions when required
- Must be capable of identifying and advocating vigorously for system interests in the development process
- Must have the initiative to take ownership and drive results
- Fundamental curiosity as to how things work
- Drive to constantly learn new things and apply them to development
- Determination to investigate and understand root cause
- Ability to both evaluate the big picture and dive into details whenever necessary
- Be open to new ideas and input from others in a collegial, team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the power of positive persuasion
- Strong organizational skills
- Integrity, commitment, and honesty
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Most time to be spent in an office environment or shop floor. Personal protective equipment may be required in designated areas. Minimal travel may be required to support products in the field.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time.
Upwing Energy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.