The Senior Mechanical Designer will support our engineering department in the design of our subsurface compressor system (SCS), including the motor, compressor and bearing systems. This will entail but is not limited to creating new document design and updating existing designs, creating tooling designs and managing large assemblies from concept to production.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate CAD models and drawings for the development of the Subsurface Compressor System (SCS)
- Create and manage assemblies and subassemblies
- Apply relevant Industry Standards and Upwing Guidelines to designs and drawings
- Develop required general arrangement drawings, fabrication details and assembly drawings and full fabrication drawing packages
- Prepare Bill of Material
- Generate detailed design solutions for related components, including new designs and modification of existing designs
- Work with suppliers to incorporate the best manufacturing methods into the design
- Prepare tolerance stack-ups for assembly and subassemblies as required
- Review drawings for completeness and accuracy
- Prepare changes (revisions) where applicable and maintain the version updates on the history of the product in the PDMWorks Configuration Control vault
- Design associated assembly tooling for the machine fabrication
- Transfer drawing assembly work instructions into Engineering Specifications
- Provide services to automate the design for the detail drawing effort
- Attend project meetings as necessary
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with others is a must
- Deadline driven and team oriented
Skills, Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Associate Degree in Engineering/Design
- 8+ years of design experience
- 2+ years of experience with Solidworks 3D modeling software
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of GD&T standards, ASME Y14.5
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in rotating machinery and able to work with complex assemblies is a plus
- System integration experience, specifically with electro-mechanical systems, bearings and seals, is a plus
- Experience with Solidworks PDM is a plus
- Experience with ERP software and more specifically GlobalShop is a plus
- Experience interfacing with vendors and customers to incorporate their input into final product design is a plus
- Ability to specify hardware, such as fasteners, O-rings, fittings, etc.
- Must be self-motivated and an independent worker
- Able to meet aggressive schedules
- Demonstrate good computing and communication skills
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
This position will be in an office atmosphere most of the time; however the Senior Mechanical Designer will be required to support the build of products/fixtures designed in the lab.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time.
Upwing Energy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.