The Senior CFD-FEA Analysis Engineer will be responsible for performing detailed analyses related to fluid flow, thermal, stress, vibration, structural and other dynamics within Subsurface Compressor Systems (SCSs). You will also interface with subsystem analysts/engineers, mechanical designers, component engineers and test engineers in order to solve design challenges and support conceptual design through product implementation.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies theoretical knowledge and engineering techniques to the solution of basic analytical problems
- Conducts classical calculations in tools, such as Excel, MATHCAD, Python and Matlab/Simulink
- Performs detailed internal fluid flow distribution analysis within Subsurface Compressor Systems
- Performs studies related to thermal, structure and vibration
- Conducts FEA simulations using commercial FEA codes: geometry preparation, meshing, model setup and debug, running the simulation and post-processing results using typical simulation tools
- Supports test planning, data analysis and completion of verification/validation documents and reports to support Subsurface Compressor development efforts
- Creates documentation and reports related to analyses and studies
- Works in a team environment to support conceptual design through product implementation, including consulting on and resolving design challenges
Skills, Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- B.S. Degree in Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of fluid-system hardware-related experience
- Strong knowledge of fluid flow, fluid properties and thermodynamics
- Strong knowledge of mechanical principles, stress and fatigue
- Significant experience with the ANSYS Fluent CFD analysis tool set
- Experience generating structured and unstructured CFD grids
- Knowledge of CFD, including algorithms, turbulence modeling and high-performance computing
- Must have demonstrated ability to deliver results in a team environment and independently
- Experience supporting the generation of test plans, knowledge of thermal test hardware and experience in the test environment
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with writing technical reports and presenting to a multi-disciplined team
- Advanced coursework in material/metallurgical science, structural mechanics and fatigue is preferred
- Advanced coursework in numerical methods is preferred
- Experience in Solidworks FlowSIM is preferred
- Must be self-motivated and an independent worker
- Pays attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness
- Demonstrates good interpersonal and communication skills
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
This position will be in an office atmosphere most of the time, however the Senior CFD-FEA Analysis Engineer will be required to support the build and test of products designed in the shop area. Personal protective equipment should be worn in designated shop floor areas.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time.
Upwing Energy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.