The Human Resources - Office Manager is a dual role involving a full spectrum of human resources and office management responsibilities for Upwing Energy. The ideal candidate is an energetic, people savvy professional who doesn't mind wearing multiple hats. The candidate is experienced in handling a wide range of administrative duties and executive support-related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. The most successful candidates will have some capacity with being entrepreneurial and nimble as well as be great at implementation and follow-through. The candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to anticipate needs, prioritize responsibilities, plan, organize and take initiative. Primary responsibilities include administering a variety of HR tasks and processes in support of Upwing Energy values, policies and programs. Secondary responsibilities include taking charge of all administrative duties in the office and ensuring smooth, efficient and safe operations.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files and documentation.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides administrative support to the Vice President of Corporate Operations and Communications.
- Manages and responds to the HR mailbox.
- Responsible for processing and facilitating New Hire Onboarding - emails, paperwork, I-9 verification and completes all internal forms to enter new hires into the company internal systems.
- Manages pre-work for New Hire Orientation and facilitates/ assists with new hire orientation when assigned delegate in not available.
- Assists with preparing job descriptions, scheduling interviews and compiling feedback.
- Assists with planning/scheduling and execution of special events, such as benefit enrollment, organization-wide meetings, training courses (facilitate as needed), HR communications, employee recognition events, holiday parties and retirement celebrations.
- Prepares HR-related companywide emails for distribution, documents, presentations and correspondence.
- Department liaison/point of contact with Shared Services to process required paperwork for employee transfers, changes in job classification, salary increases, leave of absences, benefit questions, garnishments and other related employment matters.
- Maintains training database.
Office Management Responsibilities:
- Ensures office policies and procedures are being adhered to by all employees and visitors.
- Serves as point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, office equipment, bills and errands.
- Organizes and schedules meetings and appointments, including ordering food, setting up and cleaning up meeting spaces as required.
- Schedules, creates and collects topics for management meeting agendas and takes meeting minutes when asked.
- Provides general support to visitors.
- Performs clerical duties including sorting and distributing mail, distributing expense checks, preparing FedEx envelopes, filing paperwork, creating and posting signs.
- Coordinates with IT partner on all office equipment setup and maintenance.
- Manages relationships and contracts with all office vendors and service providers.
- Manages executive’s schedules, calendars and appointments when requested.
- Assists with planning and executing office layouts and systems.
- Coordinates travel arrangements when needed.
- Handles company gifts/condolences, etc.
- Participates in safety meetings and maintains fire/evacuation lists.
- Monitors and maintains office supplies inventory.
- Takes ownership of the cleanliness of the lobby, general office areas, conference rooms and break room areas, making sure they are clean and well-stocked with supplies.
- Orders company business cards and stationery.
- Maintains a safe, secure and pleasant work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business administration, human resources, communications or similar field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience as office manager or related administrative support role supporting senior managers in a fast-paced environment.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience supporting an HR function.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Ability to edit and create Word documents containing graphics; manage spreadsheets; prepare presentations; send and receive e-mail; research and gather information from the internet, etc.
- Proficiency in typing and the English language, including spelling, punctuation, grammar and oral communication.
- Exercise discretion and a high level of professionalism in handling confidential information.
- Reliable transportation (to be on time to work, pick up lunch, run errands, etc.).
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- Independent, self-starter, who is willing to seek increased responsibility.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management and general administration.
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage upwards.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, copiers and scanners.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be very organized
- Pro-active approach to work
- High work standards, well organized and meticulous
- Integrity, commitment and honesty
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Ability to reach high and low areas and move around the building with ease
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time.
Upwing Energy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.