The Controller is responsible for all aspects of financial operations of the company, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, government reporting and compliance; business insurance; financial statements, budgets, cash forecasts, 5-year business plan, and other administrative requirements and file maintenance. The Controller will have the opportunity to grow both in terms of responsibility and management as the business continues to grow. The Controller will report to the acting Chief Financial Officer and CEO initially until there is a permanent full time CFO in place.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and maintain financial controls and guidelines
- Provide management with information, metrics and incisive commentary vital to the decision-making process to affect positive change
- Produce financial-status reports for senior management and project management team to help improve operational efficiency and aid in the company’s growth
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable processes
- Manage cash flow weekly and monitor product costing via ERP system, Global Shop. The findings will be presented weekly, monthly and in project meetings.
- Review annual budgets and manage accounting ledger and transactions
- Prepare journal entries and financial statements for presentation at board meetings and as required
- Release new engineering and R&D work orders, as required
- Manage company business and health insurance programs
- Oversee processing of payroll in coordination with company’s Professional Employer Organization (PEO) Insperity
- Participate in PEO renewal process with Insperity and negotiate annual fees
- Process intercompany billings
- Participate and oversee accounts payable process
- Keep control of inventory; participate in year-end inventory observation, obsolescence review and monthly book-to-perpetual inventory reconciliation
- Preparation of audit request list items for year-end fieldwork performed by outside CPA firm (in conjunction with production of year-end audited financial statements)
- Maintain relationships with external auditors and banks
- Work with outside tax CPA to complete annual state and federal tax returns
- Prepare and file annual Delaware Tax return filing including tax computation
- Ensure compliance with governing State and Federal bodies, including sales and use tax filings, property taxes and accounting and tax regulations
Skills, Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field is required
- 5 years of experience as a Controller or similar role
- CPA Preferred
- Proven knowledge of accounting and finance
- Proven ability to build out an accounting function and team for a fast-growing organization
- Experience preparing monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements
- Experience with ERP and accounting software systems
- Good communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Excel
- Willingness to work in an office environment
- Pro-active and hands-on approach to work
- Enthusiasm and positive attitude
- High work standards, well organized and meticulous
- Integrity, commitment and honesty
- Dynamism to execute and take ownership
- Appreciable, professional and direct with team members
- Willing to teach accounting basics as required to the management team
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Ability to reach high and low areas and move around the building with ease.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by their supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time.
Upwing Energy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.